Sunday, February 19, 2012

For now

I don't have it in me right now to write a long post, but I promise info on the yeast-less sourdough starter soon.

Right now I have stock simmering away in the stove, split pea soup for dinner tomorrow in the crock pot, and I just pulled a loaf of bread out of the oven. This week I'm working until 7pm Monday-Thursday. So I need meals that I can get ready ahead of time because there's no way I'll be able to whip something together when I get home at 7.

Friday night hubs helped me can more caramel apple jam. This stuff is amazing. You can find the recipe here. Another win from Suzanne over at Chickens in the Road.


Caramel apple jam with butter on bread that had been out of the oven for less than 5 minutes.
To the victor goes the spoils.

1 comment:

  1. Caramel Apple Jam.... Those are dangerous words when combined. We will definitely be trying that!

    ReplyDelete