Sunday, March 17, 2013

Babies

Spring is here! I refuse to have any more negative thoughts about the weather. It is spring! Green things are happening. The chickens were spotted yesterday scratching in the dirt for live things to eat for lunch.

Broccoli sprouts in the morning sunlight.

It's been just over a week since I started my indoor vegetables, and look at everything that's come up!

Peas!

I was out of pea seeds, so I picked up the packet of sugar snap peas for $0.20 at Walmart. I didn't expect them to do well, but almost every pea of the over 20 that I planted has sprouted!

Tomato row.

These tomatoes are all from seeds that I saved last year and back in 2010 before we moved. Almost every single one has sprouted. I'm so proud.

My favorite baby crop is the broccoli seedlings. They come up such a pretty shade of green with dew drops clinging to their little heart shaped leaves. They scream spring!

It's so much easier to keep my spirits high when I've got seedlings to check on every morning. A little bit of green always makes me feel better.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment